Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2015/12/01 06:08:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Incubator report draft Dec2015

Hi,

I've created a draft of Dec report. Please review and add more.

--------------------

Zeppelin

A collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed,
general-purpose data processing systems such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink,
etc.

Zeppelin has been incubating since 2014-12-23.

  1. Do an Apache release
  2. Community growth: more committers from different organisations
  3. Increase adoption

aware of?

  None.

  Traffic in users@ and dev@ grew and +42 subscribers in @dev, +109
subscribers in users@ since last report.
  Several talks about Zeppelin were presented at ApacheCon Eu, Spark Summit
Eu, and Flink Forward.

  140 patches has been merged from 41 different contributors since last
report.
  Made 0.5.5-incubation release under Apache incubation.

Date of last release:

  2015-11-18

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  2015-10-03

Re: [DISCUSS] Incubator report draft Dec2015

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Update looks good. Thanks Alex.

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Thank you for the suggestion, updated and pushed to the wiki.

Kind regards,
Alexander.

Re: [DISCUSS] Incubator report draft Dec2015

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
That sounds more clear, to me.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Thanks for moving it to the wiki!

Here is an update I want to post if there are no objections.

---

aware of?

  There is an ongoing discussion [1] about speed of the patch landing
time being low, as project gets more popular and attracts more
contributions.
  There is work in progress as well to improve the situation, by clarifying
the contribution process [2], discussing and documenting guidelines and
best practices [3]

[1] http://markmail.org/message/74247pqyc4bwtntj
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-477
[3] http://markmail.org/thread/542sigkdhbcvugwt

--
Alex

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 2:08 PM, moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created a draft of Dec report. Please review and add more.
>
> --------------------
>
> Zeppelin
>
> A collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed,
> general-purpose data processing systems such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink,
> etc.
>
> Zeppelin has been incubating since 2014-12-23.
>
> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>
>   1. Do an Apache release
>   2. Community growth: more committers from different organisations
>   3. Increase adoption
>
> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
> aware of?
>
>   None.

>   Traffic in users@ and dev@ grew and +42 subscribers in @dev, +109
> subscribers in users@ since last report.
>   Several talks about Zeppelin were presented at ApacheCon Eu, Spark Summit
> Eu, and Flink Forward.

>   140 patches has been merged from 41 different contributors since last
> report.
>   Made 0.5.5-incubation release under Apache incubation.
>
> Date of last release:
>
>   2015-11-18
>
> When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
>
>   2015-10-03

Kind regards,
Alexander.