Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2007/03/29 15:09:48 UTC

Next UIMA release: 2.1.1?

There is a serious problem that was fixed in the CDE (see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-364 ) which I'd like to get out.

How about a 2.1.1 release?  Any other things to get into that?

-Marshall

Re: Next UIMA release: 2.1.1?

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> On 3/29/07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>> There is a serious problem that was fixed in the CDE (see
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-364 ) which I'd like to get
>> out.
>>
>> How about a 2.1.1 release?  Any other things to get into that?
>>

> My gut feeling is that the hotfix path is sufficient to get this one
> critical fix out but that I don't want to rush a 2.1.1 release.  There
> are other useful things to get out (<import> in CDE descriptors
> probalby is the main one, I have already had people ask for it), but
> I'm not comfortable with the amounf of testing (not much) this and
> other things have undergone.  I don't know that we have the bandwidth
> to do appropriate testing for a full release anytime soon (I certainly
> don't).
I think whenever we do a 2.1.1 the customResourceSpecifier stuff should
also be in.

-- Michael

Re: Next UIMA release: 2.1.1?

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 3/29/07, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> There is a serious problem that was fixed in the CDE (see
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-364 ) which I'd like to get out.
>
> How about a 2.1.1 release?  Any other things to get into that?

My gut feeling is that the hotfix path is sufficient to get this one
critical fix out but that I don't want to rush a 2.1.1 release.  There
are other useful things to get out (<import> in CDE descriptors
probalby is the main one, I have already had people ask for it), but
I'm not comfortable with the amounf of testing (not much) this and
other things have undergone.  I don't know that we have the bandwidth
to do appropriate testing for a full release anytime soon (I certainly
don't).

-Adam