Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by socke <so...@web.de> on 2005/12/13 20:50:47 UTC

how can i pan a svg with the mousedragged method ?

dear friends,
does anybody know how i can use the SVGCanvas for translating a svg ?

instead of:

 scrollDown.addActionListener(new ActionListener()
      {
          {
              svgCanvas.getActionMap().get(JSVGCanvas.FAST_SCROLL_DOWN_ACTION).actionPerformed(e);
          }

      });

i want to pan the svg via mousedragged Method
maybe like this way:

public void mousedragged(MouseEvent e)
{
   svgCanvas.translate(e.getX(), e.getY());
}

if the view is via zoom panned out, it should be possible to get the view back with dragging the mouse.

i would appreciate it, if anybody can help me.
is there any svgcanvas tutorial  available?

best regards,
steve

Re: how can i pan a svg with the mousedragged method ?

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Steve,

sockensoldat@web.de wrote on 12/13/2005 02:50:47 PM:

> does anybody know how i can use the SVGCanvas for translating a svg ?

   Try holding the 'shift' key down then mouse down and
drag the mouse across the canvas, release the mouse button
when you are done dragging.

> instead of:
>
>  scrollDown.addActionListener(new ActionListener()

   Take a look at the batik.swing.gvt.AbstractPanInteractor.

> if the view is via zoom panned out, it should be possible to get the
view back
> with dragging the mouse.

   I don't follow this, but there are similar mouse actions for
interative zoom, rotate, etc.