Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gaganjoshi007 <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 11:20:42 UTC

STOout file output

Hi,
I like to have different stdout files for different project on my server
log.
is it possible to have different files for different project.
eg: if I have 3 project(A,B,C) on server than I should have tomcat logs
files like
stdout_20090409_A.log
stdout_20090409_B.log
stdout_20090409_C.log

could anybody help me?

Re: STOout file output

Posted by Steve Yates <st...@springsource.com>.
gaganjoshi007 wrote:
> Hi,
> I like to have different stdout files for different project on my server
> log.
> is it possible to have different files for different project.
> eg: if I have 3 project(A,B,C) on server than I should have tomcat logs
> files like
> stdout_20090409_A.log
> stdout_20090409_B.log
> stdout_20090409_C.log
>
> could anybody help me?

Hi There, A more appropriate solution in this scenario would be to
configure your Tomcat logging.properties file to produce a seperate
....log file for each one of your web contexts and then redirect stdout
and stderr appropriately using the swallowOutput attribute of the
context element.

RGS
Steve