Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/08 02:50:40 UTC

Closing a session then opening it again.

I'm working with some software that doesn't behave as it should always, as a result some requests I make do not always result in all the data that should be received so my session processing just basically hangs. In this case I wish to retry the process again from the start and since I'm uncertain of the current state of session I would like to close/kill it and start again with a new open. Is there anyway I can recycle my old session which I just closed?

Thanks, S.D.

Re: Closing a session then opening it again.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Samuel,

On 9/8/06, Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm working with some software that doesn't behave as it should always, as
> a result some requests I make do not always result in all the data that
> should be received so my session processing just basically hangs. In this
> case I wish to retry the process again from the start and since I'm
> uncertain of the current state of session I would like to close/kill it and
> start again with a new open. Is there anyway I can recycle my old session
> which I just closed?

There's no way to recycle the old session, because it is too hard to
generalize the recycling process; it depends highly on the protocol
features.  You will have to create a new session and copy required
attributes from an old session to there.

Of course, please let us know if you have any great idea.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6