Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> on 2018/09/02 07:21:45 UTC

JIRA issue management: mass closure

Hello everyone,

Since moving to GitHub issues, our old JIRA issue list has basically become completely useless. Old issues that might be valuable are drowning in hundreds of irrelevant or already fixed issues.

Now that 1.x has been deprecated, I have mass-closed all JIRA issues as "won't fix." The text in the update reads:

> CouchDB 1.x has been end-of-lifed, we are mass closing out all related issues.
>
> In addition, CouchDB JIRA has been replaced by GitHub Issues.
>
> If this issue remains in CouchDB 2.x, and is still relevant, please file a new issue at: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues
>
> Thanks for your interest in CouchDB.

I realize this is a deviation from the stated approach back when we enabled GH Issues, but as time has gone on I haven't been able to find time to port the issues over, nor has anyone else. It's a disservice to users who revisit JIRA and expect to see any updates there. ASF's JIRA instance won't be shut down anytime soon, so there is no risk of losing this valuable historical information.

If anyone filed any particular issues in JIRA that remain relevant and important in a 2.2.0+ world, now is the time to move them over to GitHub.

-Joan

Re: JIRA issue management: mass closure

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ma...@jan.io>.
Nice work. Thanks for the housekeeping, Joan.

Cheers
Jan
—