Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Thomas Simpson <th...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/09 20:34:12 UTC

Rehash of XML (taglib) processing order

I read a number of older emails that suggest (or at least talk about)
a change (or addition) to the XMLSubs processing that would produce
something more like JSP: the order in which nested tags are processed
particularly in respect to nesting.

I was wondering what ever happened to that conversation? I never read
where any resolution was reached. I think the addition of this model
and a few other features would add significant functionality.

To make sure I'm clear, I am interested in:

<foo>
  <blah>
  </blah>
</foo>

... where <blah> is processed first, and foo comes next.

The use of scoped variables for scripting (as with JSP) would help out
a good deal. If <foo> defined a variable, <blah> would be able to use
the variable and so forth.

-Thomas Simpson