Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/04/04 07:23:03 UTC

Opening up Maven CVS a bit...

Hi,

I would like the Maven community to discuss a solution where other Apache
projects are given a 'partitition' in Maven Plugins to create their own
solutions to be automatically included in Maven distros.

It wouldn't be harder than;

for PROJECT in `cat projectsfile` ; do
  if [ -d  /home/cvs/maven-plugins/$PROJECT ] ; then
    echo "$PROJECT is already in maven-plugins. Resolve manually!"
  else
    mkdir /home/cvs/maven-plugins/$PROJECT
    chmod g+w /home/cvs/maven-plugins/$PROJECT
    chgrp $PROJECT /home/cvs/maven-plugins/$PROJECT
  fi
done

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Opening up Maven CVS a bit...

Posted by Corey Jewett <cj...@syntheticplayground.com>.
This works well, but it causes the currently released jar plugin to
create incorrect Manifests.

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MPJAR-22

Corey

RE: Opening up Maven CVS a bit...

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Re: Opening up Maven CVS a bit...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: Opening up Maven CVS a bit...

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 00:23, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like the Maven community to discuss a solution where other Apache
> projects are given a 'partitition' in Maven Plugins to create their own
> solutions to be automatically included in Maven distros.

We are trying to do the exact opposite. We don't want them hosted under
Maven. If you have a plugin for project Foo, then develop the plugin in
Foo land. This is what Cactus does, this is what Torque does so there is
nothing stopping you from doing it too.

You can develop your plugins wherever you like and it's simple for users
to download them. We will ultimately keep what we consider to be core
but the rest of them will eventually be flushed out to places where
those interested in them can develop them.

We already have too many plugins that aren't properly taken care of.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org