Posted to dev@systemds.apache.org by Janardhan <ja...@apache.org> on 2021/04/21 01:02:00 UTC

[DISCUSS] Documentation for cuda, and spoof (gpu)

Hi Mark,

Since we do not have a dedicated user/developer facing
documentation for kernel building, if you could help me
- I will work on it.

Also, we do have a documentation debt on how to build cuda
ptx and the version of SM that our codebase supports.

Thank you,
Janardhan

Re: [DISCUSS] Documentation for cuda, and spoof (gpu)

Posted by Mark Dokter <md...@know-center.at>.
On 21/04/2021 07:11, Matthias Boehm wrote:
> we might want to revive and extend the following docs (which no longer
> exist in 2.0.0 as they require a major update):
>
> http://systemds.apache.org/docs/1.2.0/gpu
> http://systemds.apache.org/docs/1.2.0/native-backend

This is a good start but heavily outdated. I previously closed a PR [1]
that contained changes to these docs.This has been on my todo list for
quite some time now but I didn't get to update/merge these docs.
Moreover, as my current work brings major changes to these parts of
SystemDS, the incentive to document code that is a moving target was
quite low :-P

I am on paternity leave at the moment and can not promise any major
input from my side for the weeks ahead.

> Regards,
> Matthias

Regards, Mark