Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2017/03/23 13:03:21 UTC

Question about Initial Content Loading

The documentation at https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/content-loading-jcr-contentloader.html is a bit confusing to me and I would like to clean this up.

Several tables have a column called "Entry" but this sometimes seems to refer to a "bundle header entry"  and sometimes to a "bundle entry path".

Also the overwrite behaviour is not quite clear to me.
IIUC the header entry"SLING-INF/content:overwrite:=true"
with an according resource bundle entry "SLING-INF/content/home"
would lead to creating a new folder "/home" in the repository. What is now being deleted/overwritten? Basically everything at the target path (i.e. "/" by default) (what I would assume) or everything previously located in "/home"? (this is what I actually see). Is this a bug, or did I get the conception of "overwriting" wrong?

The table for "Examples of these directives uses could be (assumes a Sling-Initial-Content header entry of SLING-INF/content)" is just plain wrong, because here the Entry column must refer to the header entry (otherwise directives would not be useful here), but e.g. for "SLING-INF/content/home;overwriteProperties:=true" it says: "Overwrites properties of existing content in /home." But the target path for this header entry is "/", so I don't get why "/home" in the repository would get overwritten?

Can someone help me clean this up?

Thanks,
Konrad