Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mandy Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 11:39:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Serving of Images taking time

Hi,

On my webserver, the serving of images under the img directory is taking a
lot of time generally.

I have 1000s of images under one /img/ directory.

Does that make a difference? As opposed to organizing them under various
directories?

Can someone shed some light?

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Serving of Images taking time

Posted by Christian Folini <ch...@post.ch>.
On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:09:01PM +0530, Mandy Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my webserver, the serving of images under the img directory is taking a
> lot of time generally.
>
> I have 1000s of images under one /img/ directory.

It depends on the actual numbers. Why don't you give it a
try and reduce the number on a test box and see how this
affects the time. Apache Bench (ab) is your friend.

Christian