Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Lalith Ramesh <la...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/06 20:59:16 UTC

AOO Code Comments

Hello,

I just looked at the ErrObject class on FishEye, and I had a few questions
about the coding conventions used in AOO.
Where do we typically put comments in the code?  Do they go in the source
file, the header file, or both?
Also, how often are they used?  Does each method have its own comment block
describing what it does?  Or is there one comment block for the whole class?

Re: AOO Code Comments

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

> Here is something that came up two weeks ago:
>
> This page is the top level of some considerable in-code
> format and documentation practices:
> <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Cpp_Coding_Standards>.
> (Hat tip to j.nitschke for pointing me to these.)
>
> Documentation codes are treated at
> <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Cpp_Coding_Standards/CODEDOC>.
>

> This material was last updated in 2007.
>
> It seems that the AutoDoc only ran on header files.
>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Alexandro Colorado
>> [mailto:jza@gultab.org] Sent: Sunday, March 6, 2016
>> 15:56 To: dev@openoffice.apache.org Subject: Re: AOO
>> Code Comments
>>
>> Search on our wiki dev for code conventions including
>> comment conventions. On Mar 6, 2016 3:09 PM, "Lalith
>> Ramesh" <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just looked at the ErrObject class on FishEye, and
>>> I had a few
>> questions
>>> about the coding conventions used in AOO. Where do we
>>> typically put comments in the code?  Do they go in
>>> the
>> source
>>> file, the header file, or both? Also, how often are
>>> they used?  Does each method have its own comment
>> block
>>> describing what it does?  Or is there one comment
>>> block for the whole class?

The information on the wiki is "generated" for general
information on classes, etc. However, there are MANY
comments within the code itself, with the normal way of
doing C++ comments. As near as I can tell, there are
comments mainly in source files, but occasionally in header
files as well.

Re: AOO Code Comments

Posted by Lalith Ramesh <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the links, guys!