Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2002/04/20 20:53:28 UTC

Changelog

I've been trying to update the changelog.xml in the root of CVS, but
could use updates for what went into the alpha 2 release.  Also and
probably more importantly, we should figure out a build process to
generate the changelog.xml in src\xdocs off of this changelog, or if
nothing else probably would be good to delete the xdocs copy and say in
that to refer to what's in CVS.

I'm going to try to update the todo.xml to remove old stuff that's been
fixed and to try to get down all the ideas that have been flying around
on the listserv and my head lately.

Assuming the latest set of changes does provide the stability I hope it
does, and with Paul's help getting us on the latest Avalon, I'm thinking
of turning my attention to the IMAP proposal.  I would really really
like to have IMAP working with James, and even though the core system
could use various improvements, gotta push the functionality stuff at
some point. :)
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

RE: Changelog

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Paul I haven't got the download, and it doesn't seem to be at the url..
if its not asking too much could you mail it to me?
TIA
danny

RE: Changelog

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
we're into a code freeze for a week now anyway for the release of v2.0a3
I propose we also branch cvs to accept pauls changes, and merge those parts
of his branch that we like once the release is made.
I'm happy to do all that this week.
d.

Re: Changelog

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Serge,

Re: Changelog

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Danny,

>I haven't changed any code.

Yup, sorry dude.

Am away from JAMES mail list for 2 weeks.  Good luck with release.

- PAul

RE: Changelog

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
I haven't changed any code.

Re: Changelog

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Re: Changelog

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Serge, Danny,

Re: v2.0a3 Release Candidate available

Posted by Don Saxton <eu...@pacbell.net>.
I'm using james-2.0a3-cvs-20020421.zip and see problems on win 2K.
In particular  pop3 leaves messages on server inbox,  sending remote msg
sometimes fails.

is this the same as the released version?

CODE FREEZE

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Hi,

James cvs has now been tagged for v2.0a3 until the release is made code
changes should be confined to bug fixing for this release.

d.

Release

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Hi,
Here's the plan..

1/ *now* tag head of cvs
2/ build src & bin dists & upload them to "nightly", announce to james users
and developers lists, and website.
3/ allow a week for identifying any showstopping bugs.
4/ build src & dist for release & upload them.
5/ update site for new release
6/ patch jakarta-site2 news & send to general list (I don't have karma)
7/ mail announcement to announce@jakarta.apache.org,
general@jakarta.apache.org, James user list and james developer list.

Have I forgotten anything?

d.