Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Muthu Velappan <mu...@aspiresys.com> on 2009/09/23 09:10:10 UTC

Switching Action between different modules...

Hi,

I have 3 different modules in my project and added that into struts.xml like
this

      <!-- Membership module actions -->

      <include file="membership.xml" />

      <include file="home.xml" />

      <include file="admin.xml" />

I got a feedback.jsp page in admin module. When user hit the cancel button
from this form, I want that to submit to home.action available in home
module.  Since I don't have the namespace option in submit button tag, this
is how I added this it in my submit button

            <s:submit type="image" src="../bis-images/button_send.png"

                  action="/home/HomeL" align="right" theme="simple" />

but it is not working. It throws the following exception. Can anyone please
let me know where I'm going wrong.

Struts Problem Report

Struts has detected an unhandled exception:

Messages:

*  There is no Action mapped for namespace /admin and action name
/home/Home.

  _____

Stacktraces

There is no Action mapped for namespace /admin and action name /home/Home. -
[unknown location]

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:1
78)

Thanks,

Muthu

Re: Switching Action between different modules...

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
One easy fix would be to add another result to your /admin namespace
that redirects to /home/Home... i.e.

<action name="goHome" class="com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport">
  <result type="redirectAction">
    <param name="actionName">Home</param>
    <param name="namespace">/home</param>
  </result>
</action>

Then, link your s:submit to 'goHome'

Of course, if you want to use this everywhere, define this result as a
global-result in your parent package and have the rest of your
packages extend it.

-Wes

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Muthu Velappan
<mu...@aspiresys.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> This is the content of my home.xml
>
>        <package name="home" namespace="/home"
>                extends="propelj">
>                <action name="Home"
>                        class="com.asp.web.home.HomeAction">
>                        <interceptor-ref name="defaultInsecureStack" />
>                        <result name="input">/membership/Home.jsp</result>
>                </action>
>        </package>
>
> It's namespace is /home where as admin.xml's namespace will be "/admin" and
> that's where feedback.jsp related actions are configured.
>
> ~Muthu

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

RE: Switching Action between different modules...

Posted by mu...@aol.com.