Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/05 09:39:24 UTC

[Request For Review] Refactoring Client API

Hi devs,

Last week I drafted a design document on refactoring Flink's Client API
[1] following the discussion in this thread[2]. Jeff(@zjffdu) and
Thomas(@tweise) shared their insights and commented in the doc.

Given that client apis are public user-facing interfaces, in order to
serve a series of user friendly interfaces indeed, I'd like to start a
separated thread for request for review. Any insight, advice or
requirement would be much appreciated.

Besides, it is also helpful and important that a PMC of Flink shepherds
this thread. Someone of you has capacities for this thread?

Best,
tison.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UWJE7eYWiMuZewBKS0YmdVO2LUTqXPd6-pbOCof9ddY/edit?usp=sharing