Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/22 19:42:48 UTC

Parallel processes in Manufacturing.

Hi friends,
I am trying to configure the below routing having routing tasks A,B,C,D,E and then finished product got produced.

     A------>B----->D----->F---->Finished Product
     |                               ^
     |------>C----->E--------|

Actually my main aim is to explore how OFBiz handles the parallel processes which are very much the case in manufacturing units. I have tried some tricks but didn't able to get it. The thing is that in routing you can't add two routing task with same sequence number which restrains the below routing scenario. Please have a look at it and suggest the solution I am sure many among us have encountered this issue at some point of time.

Thanks
Brijesh M

Re: Parallel processes in Manufacturing.

Posted by kunal aggarwal <ku...@gmail.com>.
hi jacopo

Sorry Jacopo , earlier i had written wrong name of urs. So sending my query
again .

Today i was trying to run one production run which had just 2 tasks.

A--------------------->B-----------------> Finished good

Task A is producing work-in-progress item c

Task A is using raw material a,b
Task B is using raw material c,d( c is the output of task A)

i created BOM like this

finished good composed of

Raw material a,b .....Task A
Raw material c,d.......Task B

So while running my production run ......it was not showing requirement of
item C. Why?....
i m guessing that i need to create BOM for c also? is it?

I think if i wont create BOM for c (which is composed of a,b and Task A),
how will the system know
how much a,b will product how much of *c*

and after completing task A ,inventory is showing work-in-progress material
c , but it dint get subtracted
after task B gets finished(since it is using WIP c). why ?

cheers ofbiz
Kunal

Posted by kunal aggarwal <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi jacob

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brijesh,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
actually I used that because I was also proposing something, and it was
a polite way of leaving the door open.
but your criticism is accepted.

David Jones sent the following on 7/22/2008 11:33 AM:

Posted by David Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by David Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.