Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@ledem.net> on 2013/05/28 23:54:23 UTC

compilation error in Tez master

Hi
I'm trying to build Tez but I get compilation errors.
For example in tez-mapreduce it is using "new FSDownload(...)" with an extra parameter (Random) that is not in hadoop-yarn-project that I built from trunk.
Does Tez depend on a specific branch of Yarn?
What else do I need to build?
Julien

Re: compilation error in Tez master

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Julien

Most of the active development is happening on branch TEZ-1. We plan to replace the master branch with TEZ-1 at some point  soon. For now, the master branch should be compatible with the 2.0.3/4 releases of hadoop.

As of this morning, the TEZ-1 branch was compiling against hadoop built either from trunk or branch-2 ( however it will fail to compile with the 2.0.4 release ).

thanks
-- Hitesh