Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul <be...@optushome.com.au> on 2002/07/03 03:51:21 UTC

Using AliasMatch and UserDir together for users homepages

Dear All,

I am using Apache 1.3.9 on Linux 2.4.7 and I am trying to use the AliasMatch
module to provide some additional support for my users
Below is the current code we are using in our httpd.conf which matches * and
rewrites it to /home/$1/public_html/$2

AliasMatch ^/*/([^/]*)/?(.*) /home/$1/public_html/$2

This works okay, however I need the above statement to be matched if it does
not contain the ~ character.

The reason I ask this is because we want our users to be able to
http://members.oursite.com/~username and
http://members.username.com/username and it should load their site from
/home/username/public_html in either instance. I found using the UserDir
directive with AliasMatch was the only way to accomplish this.

Can anyone give me some suggestions to the above AliasMatch or even suggest
a different way of doing this?

Thanks for your time

Paul