Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/23 08:29:03 UTC

Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Hi all,

Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr committer!

It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.

Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
yourself with a brief bio.

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Ignacio Vera <iv...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Bruno!

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Congratulations and welcome, Bruno.

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Bruno Roustant as the latest Lucene/Solr
> committer!
>
> It didn't take many JIRA issues for Bruno to demonstrate good
> understanding of the lower level bits of Lucene by writing a new
> postings format and more recently exploring ideas that ended up
> speeding up FSTs while decreasing their memory usage at the same time.
> We are very happy that Bruno accepted the PMC's invitation to join.
>
> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! It's a tradition to introduce
> yourself with a brief bio.
>
> --
> Adrien

Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bruno, welcome!

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations and welcome Bruno!

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 3:25 AM Bruno Roustant <br...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you all for this warm welcome.
>
> A couple of words about me:
> I live in France with my family, in Grenoble near the Alps. Since my very
> first work experience (2000), I have been developing around Search and
> Java. Federated Search, result clustering, more like this, etc. When I
> joined Salesforce in 2013, I had the opportunity to start using
> Lucene-Solr. Exploring the beast as a user at the beginning, and then
> developing plugins. Since 2016 we had stronger performance goals, for lots
> of fields and security constraints, and this gave me again the opportunity
> to dive into the mechanics, the APIs, the queries. What a nice surprise to
> discover this strong project with refined interfaces, carefully crafted
> algorithms, and high test quality bar! Soon another opportunity made me
> work with David Smiley, who advocated convincingly the benefits of
> open-sourcing. That was a succession of opportunities that led me here,
> becoming a committer, part of this projet!
> I like data structure and algorithm challenges. I have experience in
> performance/memory optimization. I like team work and I’m discovering the
> open-source power :)
>
> Thanks again, I can’t wait to contribute more with you.
>
> Le sam. 23 nov. 2019 à 21:51, Rahul Yadav <ra...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Apologies , Sure will do.
>>
>> Regards
>> Rahul
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 8:46 PM David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Please start a new thread instead of replying to this thread.

>>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Bruno Roustant <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
Apologies , Sure will do.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Please start a new thread instead of replying to this thread.

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:14 PM Rahul Yadav <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All ,
>
> I have just joined(new dev) here.
> I have had some experience in Information Retrieval and Search and would
> like to contribute to the community.
> as i am just setting up , it would be helpful if there is any
> task/bug/(Starter Level) that i can work on.
>

> Regards
> Rahul
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahul-y-26b6b1142/
>
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 6:18 PM Namgyu Kim <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations and welcome, Bruno! :D
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 2:16 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
>> ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Welcome Bruno!

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Welcome Bruno Roustant as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Rahul Yadav <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All ,

Posted by Namgyu Kim <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.