Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Mark Libucha <ml...@chiliad.com> on 2013/10/18 02:36:41 UTC

power linux activemq-cpp

Hi folks,

New here. If this is the wrong place for questions about activemq-cpp,
please accept my apologies. And redirect me, please?

Trying to get activemq-cpp running on PowerLinux. It builds OK, but can't
sustain connect to the broker. 64bit, it actually seg faults. 32bit there
isn't but it still can't hold the connection.

(Runs fine on RedHat, AIX, so the app is solid.)

A couple of the unit tests fail, output below. Thanks for any help or
suggestions.

Mark

!!!FAILURES!!!
Test Results:
Run:  103   Failures: 2   Errors: 0

1) test:
N8activemq4test8openwire30OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTestE::testDestinationSource
(F) line: 237 activemq/test/openwire/OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTest.cpp
equality assertion failed
- Expected: 0
- Actual  : 94

2) test:
N8activemq4test8openwire30OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTestE::testDestinationSourceGetters
(F) line: 171 activemq/test/openwire/OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTest.cpp
equality assertion failed
- Expected: 1
- Actual  : 95
- Should be one Queue

Re: power linux activemq-cpp

Posted by Mark Libucha <ml...@gmail.com>.
Thought I would follow up here with what we found using activemq-cpp on
PowerLinux, versions 3.6 and 3.8 (so probably 3.7 as well).

We got it working by setting wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0 (on the
broker side).

Also, the seg faults I mentioned were *not* due to the activemq-cpp code.
Our problem was just the inability to keep an idle connect alive.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: power linux activemq-cpp

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 10/17/2013 08:36 PM, Mark Libucha wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> New here. If this is the wrong place for questions about activemq-cpp,
> please accept my apologies. And redirect me, please?
>
> Trying to get activemq-cpp running on PowerLinux. It builds OK, but can't
> sustain connect to the broker. 64bit, it actually seg faults. 32bit there
> isn't but it still can't hold the connection.
>
> (Runs fine on RedHat, AIX, so the app is solid.)
>
> A couple of the unit tests fail, output below. Thanks for any help or
> suggestions.
>
> Mark
>
> !!!FAILURES!!!
> Test Results:
> Run:  103   Failures: 2   Errors: 0
>

> 1) test:
> N8activemq4test8openwire30OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTestE::testDestinationSource
> (F) line: 237 activemq/test/openwire/OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTest.cpp
> equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 0
> - Actual  : 94
>

> 2) test:
> N8activemq4test8openwire30OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTestE::testDestinationSourceGetters
> (F) line: 171 activemq/test/openwire/OpenwireEnhancedConnectionTest.cpp
> equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 1
> - Actual  : 95
> - Should be one Queue

The client isn't tested on this system so you'd need to do some
debugging to see what is causing the segfaults and dropped connections.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.