Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/10/06 17:46:37 UTC

Board report

Hello,

It is time to put a board report together. Is anyone willing to put a draft together?

Thanks,
-Flavio

Re: Board report

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Bookkeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance logging
service. The project also includes Hedwig which is a highly scalable
Pub/Sub service built on top of ZooKeeper and Bookkeeper with strong
durability guarantees.

We released version 4.2.3 on the 27th of June. The release was focussed
mainly on bugfixes and addressing operational annoyances.

We are currently voting on the first release candidate for version
4.3.0, so we expect that to be released within the next week. This
release includes a lot of improvements to the bookie on-disk
performance, a new statistics framework, and protobuffer protocol
support along with numerous bugfixes.

We welcomed one new committer, Rakesh Radhakrishnan, during the last
period. Once 4.3.0 is released, we also plan to extend committership to
a couple more people. We will all seek to become a TLP at that point.

Infrastructure issues:

No issues.

Community:

50 subscribers to bookkeeper-dev
66 subscribers to bookkeeper-user

780 issues opened to date, 22 since 2014-06-12
543 issues resolved to date, 26 since 2014-06-12
47 people have reported issues, 5 since 2014-06-12
20 people have contributed patches, 5 since 2014-06-12

Re: Board report

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Deadline is Wednesday, EOD your timezone.

-Flavio

Re: Board report

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@ivankelly.net>.