Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/23 21:34:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] Feature branch for HDFS-14978 In-place Erasure Coding Conversion

Hi we are working on a feature to improve Erasure Coding, and I would like
to seek your opinion on creating a feature branch for it. (HDFS-14978
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-14978>)

Reason for a feature branch
(1) it turns out we need to update NameNode layout version
(2) It's a medium size project and we want to get this feature merged in
its entirety.

Aravindan Vijayan and I are planning to work on this feature.

Thoughts?

Re: [DISCUSS] Feature branch for HDFS-14978 In-place Erasure Coding Conversion

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
+1 for the feature branch.

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 for the feature branch.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
+1 for the feature branch.

[INFO] New branch created: HDFS-14978_ec_conversion (Re: [DISCUSS] Feature branch for HDFS-14978 In-place Erasure Coding Conversion)

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Thank you. FYI, I went ahead and created the branch HDFS-14978_ec_conversion

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.