Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "BENGUIRA, Dan (Allianz en France)" <ex...@allianz.fr> on 2018/04/12 12:15:46 UTC

Please help : EOL TOMCAT 7 and 8.5

Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you for a question as trivial as that, and I really checked carefully all the documentation available...

Do you please have the date of the end of life of Tomcat 7, and of TOMCAT 8.5 ?
I have access to the end of life of TOMCAT 6 via this link: https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-60-eol.html
TOMCAT 8 via this link : https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-80-eol.html
So I naturally tried https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-70-eol.html for TOMCAT 7, and https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-85-eol.html for tomcat 8.5, but it didn't work

Do you know a way of knowing those informations?

Thanks to the generous soul that would help me, I would be very grateful !

Kind regards,
[cid:image001.gif@01D3D268.02C716B0]
Dan BENGUIRA (IBM)
Green Recovery
Adress : Tour Franklin - La Défense
E-mail : externe.dan.benguira@allianz.fr<ma...@allianz.fr>
Tél. : +33 1 58 85 38 30

------------------------------
Ce message est protege par les regles relatives au secret des correspondances; il peut en outre contenir des informations a caractere confidentiel ou protegees par differentes regles et notamment le secret des affaires; il est etabli a destination exclusive de son destinataire. Toute divulgation, utilisation, diffusion ou reproduction (totale ou partielle) de ce message, ou des informations qu'il contient, doit etre prealablement autorisee.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration et son integrite ne peut etre assuree. Le Groupe Allianz decline toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete modifie ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur de l'erreur de distribution et de la destruction du message.
This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules; furthermore it may contain privileged or confidential information that is protected by law, notably by the secrecy of business relations rule; it is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. Any disclosure, use, dissemination or reproduction (either whole or partial) of this message or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited without prior consent.
Any electronic message is susceptible to alteration and its integrity can not be assured. Allianz Group decline any responsibility for this message in the event of alteration or falsification.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy it immediately and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion.
------------------------------

Re: Please help : EOL TOMCAT 7 and 8.5

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Dan,

On 4/12/18 8:15 AM, BENGUIRA, Dan (Allianz en France) wrote:
> I’m sorry to bother you for a question as trivial as that, and I really
> checked carefully all the documentation available…
>
> Do you please have the date of the end of life of Tomcat 7, and of
> TOMCAT 8.5 ?

If you search the Tomcat home page for "end of", you'll find only one
announcement: EOL for Tomcat 8.0.

Neither Tomcat 7.0 nor Tomcat 8.5 have announced EOL dates.

> I have access to the end of life of TOMCAT 6 via this link:
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-60-eol.html
>
> TOMCAT 8 via this link : https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-80-eol.html
>
> So I naturally tried https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-70-eol.html for
> TOMCAT 7, and https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-85-eol.html for tomcat
> 8.5, but it didn’t work
>
> Do you know a way of knowing those informations?
>
> Thanks to the generous soul that would help me, I would be very grateful !

7.0 is basically in "maintenance mode" and will probably only receive
security patches or really really great improvements that are easy to
back-port. I would consider 8.5 to be the best stable production version
of Tomcat to use right now, as 9.0 doesn't have enough mileage under its
tires, yet.

Traditionally, the Tomcat has supported 3 versions simultaneously, so
Tomcat 7.0 will not reach EOL until we all start talking about Tomcat 10.

Tomcat 8.0 is receiving a bit of an "out of band" EOL because 8.5 is
superseding it. But tomcat 7.0 is safe for the foreseeable future.

Hope that helps,
-chris