Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2017/02/18 16:58:38 UTC

[FlexJS][AMF] branch feature/amf - Starting the effort!! (Special Thanks to PKumar!)

Hi,

just created a branch "feature/amf" to upload the code to support
RemoteObject AMF support for FlexJS.

I want to notice that *still is not working properly*, but want to check in
the code in order to let folks to test and support the effort if (they
want).
I send data to the server but the fault event is triggered in client. I
need to continue looking to the problem.

If we get this basic project done then we can elaborate the library to be
more complete and robust.

Special thanks to Kumar to investigate the way and let me know how to do
it. Without him we'll not be here today.
@PKumar, if you can join us to continue development here you're most than
welcome :)))

The library chooses by Kumar for AMF is this:
https://rawgit.com/emilkm/amfjs/master/amf.js
Seems in an advanced state, but I saw that there's more libs out there, and
maybe we could end looking to the most complete one.
But in the end as this is core to Flex, I think we should implement that
stuff in the project.

I uploaded three codes/projects:

1.- RemoteObject, ResultEvent and FaultEvent in Network classes. Now
Network.swc depends on Reflection.swc

2.- RemoteObjectAMFTest project is a FlexJS project that uses a simple
RemoteObject call to a java "echo" method passing a String.
The interface uses MDL since was the most simple for me.

3.- sampleamfwebapp is a blazeds webapp generated with maven archetype that
expose "exampleService" with a method "echo"
that wants a name String param. The return that param.

The project is set up to build with maven. So if you pass maven in Network,
then in RemoteObjectAMFTest and then in the java project
you should have all setup...but...that's not true.

Although an overlay is created to overlay the flexjs project in the war, I
need to copy files and src/main/resource/static folder

running with mvn spring-boot run, a jetty java app server is instantiated
and the app runs, but actualy each time I need to manually copy flexjs
project in static folder to avoid the project to be cached in jetty.

Hope Chris could help me to get the java project building without hack to
continue developing it more quickly

Hope you guys will want to join the effort, since I really think this is
crucial for FlexJS and to bring more interest to this project. There's no
doubt in this statement for me ;)

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [FlexJS][AMF] branch feature/amf - Starting the effort!! (Special Thanks to PKumar!)

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

I just pushed some changes to examples related to AMF: RemoteObjectAMFTest
and SampleAmfWebApp - Those two seems to be answer to your question.

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS][AMF] branch feature/amf - Starting the effort!! (Special Thanks to PKumar!)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
I haven't had time to look into this.  Is there an example app that we are
trying to make work?

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Fréderic

sorry but I couldn't dedicate time to this effort, and can't make plans of
when I could jump into it again.
Right now I only put the some classes in our FlexJS projects and create a
java project to test. I uploaded the code, but still doesn't work
I encourage others (you if you want) to check out the sample and try to
make it work. Kumar makes something very similar to work while ago
so it's possible.

Thanks

> Any updates regarding AMFPHP for FlexJS. What is the status or where can we
> follow the status? What's done, TODO etc..
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 3:37 PM, PKumar <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Carlos,
> >
> > for testing, you can commented out the reflection API related code. just
> > dispatch the result event.  Reflection code i used for mapping the Object
> > a particular class object as we do with registerClassAlias in regular
> flex
> > sdk.
> >
> > I am also struggling with Reflection API and do not know ,how to use
> > correctly.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prashant
> >

> > --

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

http://www.codeoscopic.com

http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][AMF] branch feature/amf - Starting the effort!! (Special Thanks to PKumar!)

Posted by Fréderic Cox <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by PKumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

for testing, you can commented out the reflection API related code. just
dispatch the result event.  Reflection code i used for mapping the Object to