Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it> on 2007/01/10 18:51:05 UTC

[Trinidad] tr:tree with paged children

Hi, I implemented a TreeModel for lazy loading a tr:tree, since the provided
ChildPropertyTreeModel is not smart enough for the purpose.
It runs fine, but now I would extend it to support paged presentation of long
children lists.
I wonder if there is a way to insert a scroll widget below/above expanded
children, so that I could manage related events to scroll up and down the
list.
A working alternative would requre a pair of dummy children, since I use
tr:commandLinks to render nodeStamps. So I can replace the very first/last
links through scroll icons. It just makes the tree model somewhat more complex
because of those two dummy children.
Just wondering about any smart alternative, since the tree seems to accept
only nodeStamps and all of them count up as children.
\-- Renzo

Re: [Trinidad] tr:tree with paged children

Posted by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it>.
Thanks Adam. Meanwhile I simulated paging by means of a pair of up/down arrows
as dummy children. It works perfectly.
But after your reply I wonder if a single column treeTable fully replaces a
tree without constraints. At least it offers skinning support, which is
totally missing for a tree, exept for p_OraTreeRow.
\-- Renzo

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.