Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by brian moseley <bc...@maz.org> on 2001/06/01 01:21:49 UTC

Re: Real Widgets and Template Languages

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Gunther Birznieks wrote:

> Let's put it this way, I have actually used widgets for
> the last 6 months in real world applications using JSPs
> and widget libraries in Java. I can't tell you what a
> joy it is to work with something so relatively simple
> and just easy to put things in a page.

which widget libraries?

Re: Real Widgets and Template Languages

Posted by Gunther Birznieks <gu...@extropia.com>.
At 04:21 PM 5/31/01 -0700, brian moseley wrote:
>On Thu, 31 May 2001, Gunther Birznieks wrote:
>
> > Let's put it this way, I have actually used widgets for
> > the last 6 months in real world applications using JSPs
> > and widget libraries in Java. I can't tell you what a
> > joy it is to work with something so relatively simple
> > and just easy to put things in a page.
>
>which widget libraries?

Our own. But I understand Struts apache project has the same basic deal (as
also confirmed by Matt Sergeant's post). And from looking at Struts I think
their model is even simpler than the model we have in our Java toolkit.
This is why I am quite frightened of all these additions to a widget API in
Perl when I know it's been accomplished so simply as a framework in Java.

Gunther Birznieks (gunther.birznieks@eXtropia.com)
eXtropia - The Open Web Technology Company
http://www.eXtropia.com/