Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonathan Martineau <Jo...@travail.gouv.qc.ca> on 2003/11/11 21:40:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Rép. : [users@httpd] Hello all , right now im stuck with a strange problem and iwould appreciate any help w

I just do more test.  I download Mozilla 1.5.0.2003100716 and try it.

When im trying the "PDF test with accent" the browser change the URL for http://127.0.0.1/D%E9cision_07_05_1995.pdf and display the right document but this dont work with IE 6 fully patched sp1 and all whos trying to load http://127.0.0.1/Décision_07_05_1995.pdf ...

Whats going on under the hood?  Still RTFMing

John

>>> Jonathan.Martineau@travail.gouv.qc.ca 11/11/03 15h14 >>>
Hello all , right now im stuck with a strange problem and i would appreciate any help with this one.  Usualy im good to  find it by myself, but this one is really hard.

I have a problem with special character in link associted with PDF.  This problem is easily reproductible.

1 - I install a fresh Apache 1.3.29 (apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.msi) on a Windows Xp Pro.
2 - Add these link in a page

<A HREF="http://127.0.0.1/Décision_07_05_1995.pdf">PDF test with accent</A>

<A HREF="http://127.0.0.1/Decision_07_05_1995.pdf">PDF test without accent</A>
<A HREF="http://127.0.0.1/téteux.txt">TXT test with accent</A>

The "PDF test with accent" will not display. I will got a empty page and the PDF plugin will not fire ( the acrord32.exe wont start ).
But the "PDF test without accent" and "TXT test with accent" will show as expected...

Its a default install without any change on the config files.  is it the Browser pdf plugin fault? or is it a charset  problem with Mod_mime ? any though

Thank in advance

John