Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John Whitnack <jw...@glja.com> on 2001/03/08 22:14:52 UTC

Can't find index.html

We are running Apache 1.3.17 and mod_perl 1.25 on Solaris 7.
The problem I am having is that when I type:

    http://my.domain.name

I get a error message:

    The document contained no data.
    Try again later, or contact the server's administrator

And in the error log I get:

    child pid 15965 exit signal Bus Error (10)

Yet when I type:

    http://my.domian.name/index.html

The page loads no problem.

This problem only started after I have loaded mod_perl.

John Whitnack
jwhitnack@glja.com
Gilbert Laustsen Jung

Re: Can't find index.html

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.
John Whitnack (jwhitnack@glja.com) said something to this effect on 03/08/2001:
> We are running Apache 1.3.17 and mod_perl 1.25 on Solaris 7.
> The problem I am having is that when I type:
>
>     http://my.domain.name
>
> I get a error message:
>
>     The document contained no data.
>     Try again later, or contact the server's administrator
>
> And in the error log I get:
>
>     child pid 15965 exit signal Bus Error (10)
>
> Yet when I type:
>
>     http://my.domian.name/index.html
>
> The page loads no problem.
>
> This problem only started after I have loaded mod_perl.

It sounds like you have something like:

<Location />
  SetHandler   perl-script
  PerlHandler  My::Handler
</Location>

in your httpd.conf. Try either:

<FilesMatch "*\.html$">
  SetHandler   perl-script
  PerlHandler  My::Handler
</FilesMatch>

Or, in your handler:

sub handler {
    my $r = shift;

    if ($r->content_type eq 'text/html' || -d $r->finfo) {
        return DECLINED;
    }

    # the rest as usual...

In other words, decline to handle directory listings. Let mod_dir
or mod_autoindex do it's job.

(darren)

--
Your freedom to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose.