Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Suneet Shah <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/15 14:49:02 UTC

CXF Support for Java Collections

Hello:

Where can I find more details on CXF's support for Java Collections. I have
a set of POJO's whose interfaces use Lists and Sets. I am wondering if need
to create an additional layer that expose these as Arrays or if can be
handled as is.

thanks
Suneet

Re: CXF Support for Java Collections

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jun 15, 2008, at 11:12 PM, Martijn Brinkers (List) wrote:

> Are you sure Set is not supported?
>
> See:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1558?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

I think you can send/return a Set as internally, JAXB just sees a
collection.    However, I don't think you can receive a set.   When
JAXB constructs a collection, it always creates an ArrayList.

I'm not 100% positive on that though.

Acutally, it MIGHT work with wrapper types.   Normally, JAXB types
would have an instance of the collection created internally and JAXB
just accesses it like:
obj.getFoo().add(foo)
so if getFoo() returns the Set, it should work.   However, I'm not
sure if that works with the internal generated wrapper types or not
though.   For those, we normally just use getter/setters and thus
would use the collection (ArrayList) that JAXB would create by default.

Dan

> Martijn Brinkers
>
> On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 22:38 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>
>> Lists should work fine.  JAXB supports them without problems at all.
>> Sets are another matter.   JAXB doesn't support those directly.
>> Thus, for those, you would need to write a type adapter and use the
>> @XmlJavaTypeAdapter annotation.  The java_first_jaxws has an example
>> that uses the type adapters to map a Map as well as interfaces.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Jun 15, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Suneet Shah wrote:
>>
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Where can I find more details on CXF's support for Java Collections.
>>> I have
>>> a set of POJO's whose interfaces use Lists and Sets. I am wondering
>>> if need
>>> to create an additional layer that expose these as Arrays or if
>>> can be
>>> handled as is.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Suneet
>>
>> ---
>> Daniel Kulp
>> dkulp@apache.org
>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: CXF Support for Java Collections

Posted by "Martijn Brinkers (List)" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Lists should work fine.  JAXB supports them without problems at all.
Sets are another matter.   JAXB doesn't support those directly.
Thus, for those, you would need to write a type adapter and use the
@XmlJavaTypeAdapter annotation.  The java_first_jaxws has an example
that uses the type adapters to map a Map as well as interfaces.

Dan

On Jun 15, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Suneet Shah wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Where can I find more details on CXF's support for Java Collections.
> I have
> a set of POJO's whose interfaces use Lists and Sets. I am wondering
> if need
> to create an additional layer that expose these as Arrays or if can be
> handled as is.
>
> thanks
> Suneet

---