Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Mars J <xu...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/14 04:21:57 UTC

About the Kylin version

Hi ,
   I see many branches of apache kylin on github. There are something
confused me. I have already downloaded a branch of 2.0 rc last week, but I
can't find it just now and find a 1.4 rc and 2.x staging branch.
   1)Is that the 2.0 rc i found last week turn to 1.4 rc and a new branch
2.x staging created ?
   2)
   I also have an idea that u can add the version related content into
difference README.md file.

   I'm a fresh on github and kylin, if my mail is meaningless and
disturbing u ,just  ignore it.

Re: About the Kylin version

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
This is a good question. We had reorg the branches and versions recently.
There was a discussion in the dev list but I forget to announce in the user
list.

http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Back-to-one-dev-branch-td3851.html

In short, there will be only one main dev branch going forward, which is
the master. 2.x-staging has been merged into master. New releases will fork
off the master and take simple incremental version numbers (v1.4, v1.5...).

For new users, we highly recommend the latest release v1.5.0. It has all
the new features and bug fixes. Also the v1.5 metadata is NOT compatible
with previous versions. Going for it directly will save migration effort.

Cheers
Yang