Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jon Wu <jo...@wuservices.com> on 2016/10/20 20:38:56 UTC

Latest 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT broken fop-2.2.0-20161020.085836-42

Can SNAPSHOT be republished?

I've been using 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT for compatibility with the latest PDFBox,
but my build broke this morning because I think the last published snapshot
is bad.

Should
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/fop-2.2.0-20161020.085836-42.pom,
have <version>2.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version> instead of
<version>${fop.version}</version>
like the other POM files?

I get this error in SBT
[warn] io problem while parsing ivy file:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/fop-2.2.0-20161020.085836-42.pom:
Impossible to load parent for
file:/Users/jon/.ivy2/cache/org.apache.xmlgraphics/fop/ivy-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.xml.original.
Parent=org.apache.xmlgraphics#fop-parent;${fop.version}

----- RELATED QUESTION -----
It's brittle for my build to depend on the latest SNAPSHOT working, however
there are so many transitive dependencies of the latest FOP. Is there an
easy way for me to keep referring to the same SNAPSHOT build + all its
dependencies?

Re: Latest 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT broken fop-2.2.0-20161020.085836-42

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
No 2.2 release date plan yet, but let me ask the the PMC to review where we
are to determine if a release is appropriate.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Mark Gibson <ma...@staff.bluematrix.com>.

[warn] io problem while parsing ivy file: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/fop-2.2.0-20161020.085836-42.pom: Impossible to load parent for file:/Users/jon/.ivy2/cache/org.apache.xmlgraphics/fop/ivy-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.xml.original. Parent=org.apache.xmlgraphics#fop-parent;${fop.version}

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Jon Wu <jo...@wuservices.com>.

Posted by Jon Wu <jo...@wuservices.com>.