Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/21 04:44:49 UTC

compile error in eclipse

Checked out the latest source. It compiles fine in maven command line,
however when i import it into eclipse, I get an error in line 109
of org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.ValidationBuilder. The compile error
appears at the following piece of code:-
*target = Validation.byProvider(clazz).configure();*

The compile error is :
*Bound mismatch: The generic method byProvider(Class<U>) of type Validation
is not applicable for the arguments (Class<capture#7-of ? extends
ValidationProvider>). The inferred type Configuration<Configuration<T>> is
not a valid substitute for the bounded parameter <T extends
Configuration<T>>*

Can somebody suggest a fix.?

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: compile error in eclipse

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
By classpath, I don't mean that there is something missing, I mean
that there might be a jar which is looked-up before another one and
that jar might not have the correct class, that the same class name in
the same package but with a different interface. It happened to me
before.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: compile error in eclipse

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: compile error in eclipse

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Karan...

   Did you check the classpath created for the imported Maven projects
into Eclipse. It happened with me once, it seems that when the Maven
project is imported into Eclipse the order of JAR(s) in the classpath
is not always the same as it is when you build using Maven and hence
you can see such effects.

Re: compile error in eclipse

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Re: compile error in eclipse