Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/11 02:30:42 UTC

HBase --> Hive / HCatalog --> PIG

Hi All,

Has anyone tried out the following usecase in security enabled hadoop
cluster?.

1. Create a table in HBase
2. Create a table in Hive pointing to the HBase table created in #1
3. Since HCatalog uses hive metastore, this table will be visible to
HCatalog as well.
4. Try to access hive table from PIG via HCatalog

I am able to create a proxy table in Hive pointing to HBase. However,
"select * from hbase_test" throws authentication error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
~Rajesh.B

Re: HBase --> Hive / HCatalog --> PIG

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Thiruvel.  I will look into the JIRA.

~Rajesh.B

--
~Rajesh.B

Re: HBase --> Hive / HCatalog --> PIG