Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2021/06/07 17:20:16 UTC

Spike on client work

Hey folks,

I sprinted last week to create a bit more tech to articulate how the Ethereum client can work:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/pull/251

I went pretty quick and loose.
This PR adds a metrics service that can expose with OpenTelemetry via Prometheus and/or grpc pushes interesting metrics.

I also got the client to the point it can sync to another node with sync strategies.
I played with indexing a little bit as well.

I swapped leveldb to an infinispan cache with rocksdb backend - just for headers for now. We could make this even more configurable going forward.

So this PR is opening a bunch of future directions. Please feel free to review.