Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de> on 2010/09/02 06:43:08 UTC

[JSF2] absolute-ordering warning

Hello,

I'm committer on the PrettyFaces project and we are currently
preparing our next release. While testing the release in different
environments I discovered that MyFaces 2.0.1 prints a warning to the
console:

WARNING: <absolute-ordering> element found in application
configuration resource prettyfaces. This description will be ignored
and the actions described in <ordering> elements will be taken into
account instead.

The weird thing about this is that we DON'T use <absolute-ordering> in
our faces-config.xml at all. Our ordering configuration looks like
this:

 <ordering>
   <before>
     <others/>
   </before>
 </ordering>

See:

https://prettyfaces.googlecode.com/svn/prettyfaces/trunk/impl-jsf2/src/main/resources/META-INF/faces-config.xml

I looked at the MyFaces code and found the code emitting this warning:

http://myfaces.apache.org/core20/myfaces-impl/xref/org/apache/myfaces/config/FacesConfigurator.html#982

We discussed this issue on the prettyfaces-dev list. We think that it
is a bug in MyFaces.

http://groups.google.com/group/prettyfaces-dev/msg/da44e1e6660887c6

What do you think? Is it a bug?

Christian

--
Christian Kaltepoth
Blog: http://chkal.blogspot.com/

Re: [JSF2] absolute-ordering warning

Posted by Christian Kaltepoth <ch...@kaltepoth.de>.
Thank you very much! :-)

Christian

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2905

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Should be easy fix
>
> -M
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think I need new glasses...
>>
>> WARNING: <absolute-ordering> element found in application
>> configuration resource trinidad. This description will be ignored and
>> the actions described in <ordering> elements will be taken into
>> account instead.
>>
>> -M
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Christian Kaltepoth
>> <ch...@kaltepoth.de> wrote:
>>> Hey Matthias,
>>>
>>> thank you very much. You can use this sample app to reproduce this issue:
>>>
>>> http://github.com/chkal/prettyfaces-tests
>>>
>>> Just checkout the "jsf2" branch and run via "mvn tomcat:run-war" and
>>> you will see the warning.
>>>
>>> Christian

>>> --
>>> Christian Kaltepoth
>>> Blog: http://chkal.blogspot.com/
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/chkal
>>>

>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf

> Matthias Wessendorf

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Should be easy fix

-M

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> I think I need new glasses...
>
> WARNING: <absolute-ordering> element found in application
> configuration resource trinidad. This description will be ignored and
> the actions described in <ordering> elements will be taken into
> account instead.
>
> -M
>

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Christian Kaltepoth
> <ch...@kaltepoth.de> wrote:
>> Hey Matthias,
>>
>> thank you very much. You can use this sample app to reproduce this issue:
>>
>> http://github.com/chkal/prettyfaces-tests
>>
>> Just checkout the "jsf2" branch and run via "mvn tomcat:run-war" and
>> you will see the warning.
>>
>> Christian
>>

>> 2010/9/2 Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>:
>>> HEy Christian,
>>>
>>> I will take a look. I think I have not seen this issue w/ Trinidad,
>>> which has a similar entry:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/trunk/trinidad-impl/src/main/conf/META-INF/faces-config-base.xml
>>>
>>> -M

>>> --