Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "ASTI Araza, Ariel D." <AD...@ayalasystems.com> on 2007/09/24 17:07:42 UTC

unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Tomasini [mailto:ben.tomasini@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 11:08 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Checking for a logged in user globally

Hi,

I am working on an application that requires a logged in user for access
any of the pages.  My plan is to create a login form and store the
logged in
user in an ASO.  I understand that I can implement an onActivate() on
each
of my pages, check to see if the user exists in the ASO, and if not,
redirect the user to the login page.  I could put this method into an
abstract page which all of my pages extend from; however, I would rather
not
put that kind of constraint and burden on page development.

Is there a more global way to enforce that an ASO exists, and if not,
redirect to a page?

Ben