Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Robert Good <rg...@bellsouth.net> on 2016/02/11 23:44:15 UTC

problem loading office

Hi I need your help fixing my openoffice. I have been using it for years and you sent out an update about a month ago. after the install the whole program disappeared. now I have tried un installing and reinstalling but it wont load. Ikeeps stopping at the microsoft visual c++. How can I fix this?

RE: problem loading office

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Four questions:

 1. What is the complete text (title, etc.) of the message window that you receive.

 2. What operating system and its version are you using.

 3. Did you use the uninstall provision of your operating system or did you uninstall in some other manner?

 4. Did you download via http://www.openoffice.org/download/ and did you wait for the download to start without clicking anything else on the page that says "Download of openofficeorg.mirror will start in ... seconds...".  You should have then downloaded a file whose name begins "Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_... ."

Please answer by reply to users@openoffice.apache.org so that other users can help work on this with you.

 - Dennis