Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Per Weisteen <Pe...@hydro.com> on 2000/06/21 11:36:45 UTC

Perl 5.6 patch for AIX available ?

In the README file it says :

> =item AIX users
>
> If you build mod_perl as a DSO you will get core dumps as soon as you
> try to use xs modules in perl, e.g. use Fcntl or use Socket. The
> following patch to perl 5.005_3 does fix that problem:

Is there a Perl 5.6 patch available ?

--
Per Weisteen    !Internet support, Norsk Hydro !Email: Per.Weisteen@hydro.com
N-0246 Oslo, Norway !Phone: (+47) 2273 8227/      !Web: http://www.hydro.com/

Re: Perl 5.6 patch for AIX available ?

Posted by Jens-Uwe Mager <ju...@helios.de>.
On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 11:36:45AM +0200, Per Weisteen wrote:
> In the README file it says :
>
> > =item AIX users
> >
> > If you build mod_perl as a DSO you will get core dumps as soon as you
> > try to use xs modules in perl, e.g. use Fcntl or use Socket. The
> > following patch to perl 5.005_3 does fix that problem:
> >
> Is there a Perl 5.6 patch available ?

Yes, I submitted it to perl5-porters in the hope that it would be
included, but I was probably late by a day or so for the perl 5.6
release.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH