Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by hese <10...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/31 16:40:52 UTC

form within a form scenario

Hi,

I want to create an ajax grid and do CRUD operations on single rows without
having to post the entire form.  So something like this -

<t:form>
    <t:grid source="contacts" row="contact">
         <t:ContactCrud contact="contact" ..../>
    </t:grid>
</t:form>

ContactCrud is my custom component which in turn deals each row in Edit,
Delete, Create modes.  Each row will have a Edit, Delete icons at the end,
which when clicked will bring up text fields for editing.  When save is
clicked the contents of that row be posted (this is what I cannot do with
AjaxFormLoop, I have to submit the entire form) and that row alone will be
zone updated.

In order to do single row posting, I have a form inside ContactCrud, but I
get an error 'form component cannot embedded with other form components'.

So how should I code this?  Are there any examples like this?

Thanks!

Re: form within a form scenario

Posted by hese <10...@gmail.com>.
Yeah ok.  Thats how I've handled it now...was wondering if there is another
way.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:45:53 -0200, hese <10...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason I want the entire thing enclosed within a form is that I have
> other fields along with t:ContactCrud for each row, which have to be
> submitted as a whole.

HTML doesn't allow nested forms, so you'll probably need to refactor your
component in two, one just with the fields, the other using the one with
the fields (just a suggestion).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor