Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by iwolf <in...@wolfix.at> on 2013/07/19 10:40:30 UTC

Billing address for ecommerce

Hi all,

I need some help to understand how to work with billing addresses -
especially for ecommerce.

I have set up a completely new instance from the actual 12.04 trunk. Run
build, load-demo, load-seed.

1) When I go to party manager, choose a party (person) and add "new contact
method" - there is no billing address to choose. As far as I understood
ofbiz by now - looking at ./applications/party/data/PartyTypeData.xml:
<ContactMechPurposeType contactMechPurposeTypeId="BILLING_LOCATION"
description="Billing (AP) Address"/> - it should be there. I also tried to
import this line with the manual import - no error, but it does not show up
either. Maybe someone has a hint where to look - I guess I overlook
something.
2) My goal is to give the customer the option to define wether the billing
address equals the shipping address or not. Is there something like a
standard procedure to set this up?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Billing address for ecommerce

Posted by iwolf <in...@wolfix.at>.
Please skip question one: just found out, that after creating a postal
addresse - when I edit the address again - I can choose the address type, in
my example the billing address.