Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de> on 2002/04/04 14:51:38 UTC

[Q] ForceType?

Hi all,

I'm just about to destroy my application with writing workarounds for
workarounds, so I better ask you:

Lets say there is a new file type, call it .vp (for virtual page). How
can I tell apache that this file is associated with text/html? How can I
tell it that something.vp IS A FILE?
I tried AddType, but without success - which is clear as the docs say.
ForceType dosn't work also. The funny thing is that I need this for a
PerlHandler, where - as something.vp isn't a file for apache - I have to
access the filename by $r->path_info, which is ugly and won't make the
application portable.

<Location /views>
    ForceType text/html
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::MyHandler
</Location>

Is this correct? Or what do I have to do? Any help appreciated,
many thanx in advance
Martin

--
                   http://www.meome.de
Martin Haase-Thomas         |       Tel.: 030 43730-558