Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Xi Shen <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/12 05:02:14 UTC

ClassNotFoundException when using %jdbc(hive)

Hi,

I followed https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.6.1/interpreter/jdbc.html,
and added two artifacts:

   - org.apache.hive:hive-jdbc:2.1.0
   - org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:2.7.3

Then I tried this:

%jdbc(hive)
show tables

But I got this error:

org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
class java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

I think the dependency configuration will pull in the hive-jdbc jar file,
so I did not put the jar file into the ./interpreter/jdbc directory. Did I
do anything wrong? Or the manual needs update?

David S.

Re: ClassNotFoundException when using %jdbc(hive)

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you attach jdbc interpreter's log file?

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: ClassNotFoundException when using %jdbc(hive)

Posted by Xi Shen <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think JRE is not able do pull dependencies. That's why I found the
dependency configuration did not take effect.

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: ClassNotFoundException when using %jdbc(hive)

Posted by Xi Shen <da...@gmail.com>.