Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bulent Erdemir <bu...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/06 08:38:36 UTC

JDK 1.5, shared class libraries and maven

Does anyone know why maven won't run when class data sharing is on
using JDK 1.5 ?

I do java -Xshare:dump and the class data gets created properly. I run
one of the JDK demo programs with -Xshare:on option. It works.
But when I set MAVEN_OPTS to -Xshare:on and run maven, it refuses to
run complaining that the shared class library is created with another
version of java than the one this maven instance is being run on.

I hope this will reduce the startup time of Maven if I manage to make it run.

Any ideas ?

Bulent Erdemir