Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Raymond Wilson <ra...@trimble.com> on 2017/02/10 19:24:41 UTC

Continuous reduce in Ignite

I’m looking at the very nice MapReduce implementation in Ignite and have a
question about the reduce stage.

It appears that the reduce stage only occurs once all mapped results have
been accumulated. I have a use case where the size of that data set is very
large and problematic to hold in memory until all mapped results are
returned.

Is it possible to do a continuous Reduce in Ignite, similar to the way it
is possible to do a continuous Map?

I can see one possible way of doing this by slurping off the responses as
they are provided to OnResult, but I’m wary of mutating the list provided
to that method to pull mapped results out of the list being accumulated.

Thanks,

Raymond.

Re: Continuous reduce in Ignite

Posted by Raymond Wilson <ra...@trimble.com>.
Hi Val,

This would be from .Net. Is there an option for extending the .Net client to support this?

Thanks,
Raymond.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Raymond Wilson <ra...@trimble.com>.
It turns out this annotation is also present in .Net and works the same
way as the Java annotation.

Eg:
    [Serializable]
    [ComputeTaskNoResultCache]
    class MyComputeTask : IComputeTask<String, String, String>
{
}

Sweet! :)