Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Paul Mitchell <pa...@c4-digital.com> on 2016/04/20 10:47:49 UTC

pdfbox-android

Hi

I’m not sure if I’ve come to the right spot for my question. Hopefully you can help me or direct me to someone who can help me

I’m currently using pdfbox-android with android studio
compile ‘org.apache: pdfbox-android:1.8.9.0’

My questions are
A) any metadata I try and get from a PDF is returning null ie getDocumentInformation.getTitle()
I know the document is being read as getNumberOfPages() returns the correct amount of pages.
Is this an known issue with V 1.8.9.0
I also know that the document has metadata as I can see it in the properties when I view it through adobe

B) is there a later android version I can reference? i.e compile ‘org.apache: pdfbox-android:1.8.11.0’

Thanks for your time

Paul

Re: pdfbox-android

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
> Paul Mitchell <pa...@c4-digital.com> hat am 20. April 2016 um 10:47
> geschrieben:
>

> Hi
>
> I’m not sure if I’ve come to the right spot for my question. Hopefully you can
> help me or direct me to someone who can help me
>
> I’m currently using pdfbox-android with android studio
> compile ‘org.apache: pdfbox-android:1.8.9.0’
We, the Apache PDFBox community, don't provide such a piece of software. There
is no official android version of PDFBox.

> My questions are
> A) any metadata I try and get from a PDF is returning null ie
> getDocumentInformation.getTitle()
> I know the document is being read as getNumberOfPages() returns the correct
> amount of pages.
> Is this an known issue with V 1.8.9.0
> I also know that the document has metadata as I can see it in the properties
> when I view it through adobe
Impossible to say without the pdf in question.

> B) is there a later android version I can reference? i.e compile ‘org.apache:
> pdfbox-android:1.8.11.0’
You might ask the origin author of pdfbox-android

> Thanks for your time
>
> Paul

BR
Andreas

Re: pdfbox-android

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 20.04.2016 um 10:47 schrieb Paul Mitchell:
> Hi
>
> I’m not sure if I’ve come to the right spot for my question. Hopefully you can help me or direct me to someone who can help me
>
> I’m currently using pdfbox-android with android studio
> compile ‘org.apache: pdfbox-android:1.8.9.0’
>
> My questions are
> A) any metadata I try and get from a PDF is returning null ie getDocumentInformation.getTitle()

metadata can also be in the XMP stream.

I don't know if pdfbox-android has xmpbox / jempbox and the examples, if
yes, look for the ExtractMetadata example.

Tilman