Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Caroline Sturtridge <ca...@futuremedia.co.uk> on 2000/10/23 13:23:33 UTC

Ignorable Whitespace problem

Hi,
   I have implemented a validating DOM parser which I use to check both XML
that we send out (generated by our code), and the XML we receive back.  The
problem I am having is that XML generated by our code works 75% of the time,
and the other times it fails because the parser doesn't see the whitespace
as ignorable.  I've checked the tree created and the node is a TextImpl
node, its just that sometimes isIgnorableWhitespace does not return true
even though other times (without changing any code) it does.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be and how I could resolve it?

Thanks,

Caroline Sturtridge
Futuremedia PLC