Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Peter Rothenpieler <ro...@itm.uni-luebeck.de> on 2010/02/01 17:00:45 UTC

Errors building org.apache.shindig.gadgets ()

Hi everyone,

I am currently getting started with Apache Shindig using Eclipse and
followed the Tutorial under [1] and the "\shindig\BUILD-JAVA" file.
I'm currently using SVN Rev 904981 (newest).

I've created the java-projects common/features/gadgets/server/social-api
(all 1.1-BETA6-SNAPSHOT) in eclipse and successfully build all of them
EXCEPT the "gadgets project", which fails on (see also the attached
surefire-reports):

> Failed tests:
>   testEncodingDetectionBig5(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.http.HttpResponseTest)
>   testEncodingDetectionBig5WithQuotes(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.http.HttpResponseTest)
>
> Tests in error:
>   assumeLatin1OnInvalidUtf8(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.encoding.EncodingDetectorTest)
>   testFallbackDetectorIsUsed(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.encoding.EncodingDetectorTest)
>   doNotAssumeLatin1OnInvalidUtf8(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.encoding.EncodingDetectorTest)
>   nullCustomDetector(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.encoding.EncodingDetectorTest)
>   renderTypeHtml(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   renderTypeUrl(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   handlesProcessingExceptionGracefully(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   handlesRenderingExceptionGracefully(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   handlesRuntimeWrappedGadgetExceptionGracefully(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   otherRuntimeExceptionsThrow(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   validateParent(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   validateBadParent(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   handlesNoCurrentViewGracefully(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   verifyLockedDomain(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)
>   wrongDomainFails(org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RendererTest)

What am I doing wrong? Anybody got any idea what I seem to be missing?

Regards,
Peter

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/developers/java/build.html

--
Dipl.-Inf. Peter Rothenpieler
Institute of Telematics, University of Lübeck

Re: Errors building org.apache.shindig.gadgets ()

Posted by Peter Rothenpieler <ro...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>.
Thank you, Paul.
I have managed to get Shindig "Trunk" compiling via mvn under cygwin and
have successfully integrated my own "dummy" data service implementation
following [1] with several changes due to moved/refactored Classes in
the trunk.

For now developing in eclipse seems to work fine for me - as long as I
compile via mvn/cygwin.

Cheers,
Peter

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHINDIG/Providing+your+own+data+service+implementation

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
This appears to be a (another) windows directory traversal incompatibility.
 We need to get a windows-based hudson instance up and running.  For now you
can probably just add an @Ignore to the test to get up and running, however
there's probably some underlying issue that will cause problems for you in
other areas.

Posted by Peter Rothenpieler <ro...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Peter Rothenpieler <ro...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>.
Hi Paul,

Sure! Sorry for the delay - had some real world trouble dealing with the
weather in northern germany...
Please see the attached files.

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
Peter,

Could you email the contents of the EncodingDetectorTest and RendererTest
test output in the surefire-reports directory?  This will help us triage
your problem.

Thanks!