Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Kirula Leelasena <ki...@db.com> on 2002/09/20 14:15:49 UTC

cocoon / xsp / esql

Hi,
Kindly advise why the following isn't working? I get null result when I expected xxxx.
I am simply trying to assign a variable to a resulting data from a Database Query.
Many Thanks.
Kirula

My .xsp code sniplet :-
  <xsp:logic>
    String myVar = null;
  </xsp:logic>

 <esql:connection>
         <esql:pool>myconn</esql:pool>
         <esql:execute-query>
                 <esql:query>
                    select 'xxxx' ID from dual
                 </esql:query>
                 <esql:row-results>
                    <xsp:logic>
                       myVar = <esql:get-string column="ID"/>;
                    </xsp:logic>
                 </esql:row-results>
         </esql:execute-query>
  </esql:connection>
<para>myVar = <xsp:expr>myVar</xsp:expr></para>

Kirula Leelasena
Global Markets Technology
Institutional Client Group

Phone:  +44  (0) 20 7545 9580