Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jk...@csc.com on 2001/10/24 02:14:47 UTC

Really weird problem when using external logicsheet and util built-in logicsheet

This is the code inside my logicsheet

 <xsl:template match="codes:getCodedValues">
  <xsl:variable name="type">
           "<xsl:value-of select="./type"/>"
      </xsl:variable>
  <util:include-expr><util:expr>getCodedValues(<xsl:copy-of select="$type
"/>)</util:expr></util:include-expr>
  </xsl:template>

When it correctly intreprets my xsp and logicsheet, the resulting java code
looks like this

          {
                    org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser newParser =
null;

               try {
                    newParser
= (org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser)
                              this.manager.lookup(

org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.Parser.ROLE);
                    InputSource __is = new InputSource(
                                         new
StringReader(String.valueOf(getCodedValues("RCD_STS"))));

                         XSPUtil.include(__is, this.contentHandler,
newParser);
                    } catch (Exception e) {
                         getLogger().error("Could not include page", e);
                    }
                         finally { if (newParser != null)
                              this.manager.release((Component) newParser);
                     } }

BUT, WHEN I MAKE ANY CHANGES TO MY XSP FILE THE GENERATED JAVA CODE LOOKS
LIKE THIS AND I GET
THIS ERROR MSG:

               org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
person_xsp: Line 312, column 38: ')' expected.

            this.contentHandler.startElement
("http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0",
                                         "include-expr",
"util:include-expr", xspAttr);

              xspAttr.clear();

              this.contentHandler.startElement
("http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0",
                                              "expr", "util:expr",
xspAttr);

              xspAttr.clear();

              this.characters("getCodedValues( "RCD_STS"  )");

              this.contentHandler.endElement
("http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0",
                                            "expr", "util:expr");

              this.contentHandler.endElement
("http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0",
                                            "include-expr",
"util:include-expr");

BUT, IF I MAKE SOME FAKE CHANGES TO THE LOGICSHEET AND SAVE IT, THE CORRECT
JAVA CODE IS GENERATED AGAIN AND THE PAGE WORKS.

so, I wonder if anybody else has experienced this problem.
thanks,