Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/02 16:58:52 UTC

Check that OSGi spec implementation bundles pass CT before release

It has come to my attention that the latest SCR release 2.1.14 does not
pass the latest OSGi R7 CT.  Do we have a policy to run the proposed
release against the OSGi CT it is trying to implement before finalizing a
release?  If not, should it be required to pass or at least provide an
explanation if it doesn't before allowing the release?

Tom

Re: Check that OSGi spec implementation bundles pass CT before release

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: Check that OSGi spec implementation bundles pass CT before release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Watson <tj...@gmail.com>.
It is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-6044 which I
am working on a fix for (don't pay attention to the PR there just yet).
But even with my fix to make sure service references are ungotten the tests
do not pass.  On the other hand if I revert the fix to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-5974 (fixed in version 2.1.14)
the CT will pass again.  We need to evaluate the CT tests because it is
possible it is a bug in the CT for testing prototype scope.

Tom.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.